All our allotment sites have waiting lists. You can go on up to three waiting lists of your choice, but you are only entitled to one plot.
- Applicants must be residents of St Helens Borough Council
- Applicants must be 18 or over
Council-managed allotment sites
If you are interested in one of the listed allotments, apply here.
- Ashtons Green Community Allotment, Moorfoot Road, Parr WA9 2DE - both horticultural plots and poultry plots
- Bertram Street Allotment, Newton-le-Willows - horticultural plots
- Cabbage Hall Allotment, Hard Lane, Windle - horticultural plots
- Eccleston Old Lane Allotment, Hazel Grove, St Helens - both horticultural plots and poultry plots
- Havannah Lane Allotment, Winter Grove, Parr - horticultural plots
- Kentmere Avenue Allotment, Carr Mill - horticultural plots
- Mesnes Park Allotment, Sanderling Road, Newton-le-Willows - horticultural plots
- Milton Street Allotment, Sutton Manor - horticultural plots
- Nutgrove Allotment, Scholes Lane, Thatto Heath - horticultural plots
- Parr Depot Allotment, Bedford Street, Parr - horticultural plots
- Recreation Street Allotment, Parr - horticultural plots
- Walkers Lane Allotment, Sutton Manor - horticultural plots
The allotments are in green on the map, the yellow ones are the self managed sites
How do I apply for an allotment?
You can apply online to go on our waiting list or telephone our Contact Centre on 01744 676789.
Please note: Applications are placed on a waiting list - acknowledgement of your application will be received within 10 days of submission.
How much is the allotment rent?
As of 1 April 2022, the rent for a plot on a council-managed site is £0.30 per square metre.
Water rates will be charged at an additional £0.06p per square metre.
Plots vary in size; an average plot is 250 square metres.
You will be entitled to a 50% concession on the rent element of your plot, if you are over 60 or in receipt of certain benefits.
There will be a one-off charge of £30 for you to enter into a tenancy agreement with the council.
Keys are available for a £20 deposit, refundable on the production of a receipt.
Self-managed allotment sites
If you are interested in a self-managed allotment, you will need to contact the site secretary. Please see below information
- Harlow Allotment, Harlow Close, Thatto Heath - horticultural plots : Secretary : Jeff Polding Tel : 07908 849 606 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rainford Allotment, Bushey Lane, Rainford - horticultural plots : Secretary : Brenda Godwin Email : email@example.com
- Rob Lane Allotment, Newton-le-Willows - horticultural plots : Secretary : Harry Whitfield Tel : 01744 600951 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
These sites are in yellow on the map, the rest are St Helens Council