Toggle menu

Am I eligible for help with my personal care?

We believe in supporting people to remain independent, active members of their community wherever possible.  We can arrange services to help you with daily living tasks and remain independent.

Adult Social Care want to help as many people as possible, but we have to make sure that our services go to those who need them most. 

Whether you qualify for a particular service will depend on whether you are eligible for services - this can be determined by a formal assessment of your needs. 

When you contact Adult Social Care, or someone makes a referral on your behalf, this could be your doctor for example. Adult Social Care staff will carry out a formal assessment of your needs. 

Formal assessment of your needs.

The information you give is confidential and we will only share it with those people who need to know about your situation in order to help you.  Wherever possible, we will ask your permission before sharing any information.

To see if you are eligible for care, St Helens Council uses an assessment process that is used nationally to make sure it is fair.

The result of the assessment will show what your care needs are and help us determine what help we can provide for you.

You can refer yourself or be referred by a health or social care professional in any of the following ways: