Toggle menu

Changing the designated premises supervisor

What is this licence for?

Every premises that authorises the sale of alcohol must specify a person for the role of DPS (Designated Premises Supervisor). You can apply to vary the DPS of a premises or to remove yourself as the DPS of a premises.

Policies and guidance

How to apply

To apply to be the DPS of a premises you will need to complete the online application form. Once you have completed the application form, you will need to upload the following required documentation:

Apply to remove yourself as the DPS of a premises

To remove yourself as the DPS of a premises you will need to:


Please note: before you can begin the application process, you will be asked for a licence reference number. If you're the premises licence holder, you will have received correspondence denoting your reference number in one of the following formats: 


N=Number, L=Letter

Alternatively, you can find your licence reference number on our public register.

Apply to vary the DPS on your premises licence. This form will take 30 minutes to complete.

CAUTION - if you are not experienced in the submission of licence applications, you may wish to consider contacting a licensing solicitor or licensing agent to carry out this work on your behalf. If applications are submitted incorrectly or are not of the required standard, they may be rejected and you will lose your fee.  Please note that the licensing authority are only able to provide basic guidance, which is published on our web pages.

Please ensure that you check your application and supporting documents before you submit it, as no refunds will be issued for incorrect submissions.

How much will it cost?

The fee for the application will be taken online once the application form has been completed and the relevant documentation has been uploaded.

Please note: any fee payable is to accompany an application. If for any reason your application cannot be accepted and must be rejected, any fees paid are non refundable.

Transfer fee
Application to vary licence to specify individual as premises supervisor£23


Other fees
Application for a grant or renewal of personal licence£37
Temporary event notice£21
Theft, loss, etc. of premises licence or summary£10.50
Application for a provisional statement where premises being built, etc.£315
Notification of change of name or address£10.50
Application for transfer of premises licence£23
Interim authority notice following death etc. of licence holder£23
Theft, loss etc. of certificate or summary£10.50
Notification of change of name or alteration of rules of club£10.50
Change of relevant registered address of club£10.50
Theft, loss etc. of temporary event notice£10.50
Theft, loss etc. of personal licence£10.50
Duty to notify change of name or address£10.50
Right of freeholder etc. to be notified of licensing matters£21
Minor variations£89


How long will it take to process?

If the police do not object to your application, the transfer of the licence will be granted after 14 days. If your application receives a comment, it will be decided at a licensing sub-committee.