1) How do we store your data?
We store your data on a third party web placed platform called Dotmailer which is compliant with General Data Protection Regulations.
2) What information do we collect about you?
- The minimum information we hold on you is your email address. We may also hold your name, gender, personal and/or business address, if you have provided this information to the Arts Service in the past for the purpose of communicating with you. You can view and edit this information at any time by clicking on the link provided within each Arts Service Ezine.
The Dotmailer Platform which we use to send you the Arts Service Ezine allows us to monitor:
- When / if you open the Arts Service Ezine
- Which links (if any) you clicked onto from the Arts Service Ezine.
The legal basis for processing your information in line with the General Data Protection Legislation is Article 6 (1) (a) the data subject has given consent to the processing of their personal data for one or more specific purposes.
3) How will we use the information about you?
We will use your email address to send you the Arts Ezine to tell you about events, activities and library services we think may be of interest to you.
St Helens Borough Council Arts Service will NOT share your information for marketing or service information purposes with:
- Other St Helens Council departments
- Organisations / companies outside of St Helens Borough Council
4) How long will we keep your details for?
Dotmailer has the functionality to let us know if you open our Arts Service Ezine. If you continue to open the updates it is reasonable for us to assume that you are interested in the information that we are sending and therefore we will keep you on our system and continue to send you arts email updates.
In January of each year we will review who has been opening the arts update emails. If you have not opened our emails in the previous 12 months we will delete you from our mailing list, your contact details will be suppressed and we will not contact you again unless you choose to re-subscribe. At this point we will send you one final email to ask if you still wish to receive the email updates and send you a link to re-subscribe.
5) Your Rights
If you have consented to receive the Arts Service Ezine, you may opt out at any time. You can also view and amend at any time the information that we hold on you. There is a link in each Ezine which enables you to unsubscribe from the Ezine or to amend your details.
If you choose to do this your email will be suppressed by Dotmailer and we will not contact you again unless you choose to re-subscribe.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact our data protection officer via email@example.com
6) Other websites
8) St Helens Borough Council's Data Protection Officer
The Council have appointed a Data Protection Officer who can be contacted via email.