Register a baby born in St Helens
What documents will I need?
You should take at least one form of identification when you go to the Register Office.
You can use:
- Birth certificate
- Deed poll
- Driving licence
- Proof of address (e.g. utility bill)
- Council tax bill
- Marriage or civil partnership certificate
You should also take your child's personal child health record or 'red book' as some registrars may ask to see it
Who needs to attend the appointment?
- You will need to provide information about the mother, father and baby.
- Both parents must attend the registration if you are not married and the father's details are to be recorded.
- If you are married, only the mother or the father needs to attend.
What will I receive?
You will receive ...
A birth certificate, which is a complete copy of the register entry.
Further certificates may be bought at the time of registration or at any time afterwards.
How much will it cost?
A birth certificate, which is a complete copy of the register entry, is available for a charge of £11.00 at the time of registration.
Additional copies can be ordered ata cost of £11.00 per certificate
Make an appointment
Appointment times are between the hours of 9.00am and 4.00pm, Monday to Friday.
All babies born in St Helens, at home, must be registered at the Register Office in St Helens, within six weeks of their birth unless there are exceptional circumstances.
To make an appointment - please contact us on 01744 676789
Our online appointments service is coming soon!