What can I get help with?
If you need practical help in the home with your personal care needs we can help you with advice and, if appropriate, a referral for assessment. We can also help you with skills and practical help to allow you to remain independent in your home.
The most common things that people get help with are:
- Getting up, washing, dressing and grooming and help with the toilet
- Serving and eating meals and drinks
- 'Transfers' such as getting in and out of bed, on and off a chair or the toilet, or in and out of a bath or shower
- Mobility activities such as managing steps and stairs
- Domestic activities, such as cooking and washing-up afterwards
- Night time routines and going to bed