Toggle menu

Apply for a vehicle licence

Licensing the new vehicle

Once the vehicle has passed its test, please email your compliance test certificate to us with a valid insurance document and proof of current road tax (if you have not already done so).

If you are licensing a hackney carriage vehicle you will need to provide us the following documentation in addition to the above:

  • Evidence that your meter has been calibrated to St Helens rates.
  • Evidence that your meter has been sealed.
  • The make of the meter installed in your vehicle.

Please note that if you are replacing your vehicle, you will be required to return the rear plate and front window disc from your previous vehicle.