Toggle menu

Organise an event

Who needs to apply for permission

You should submit an application if your event will:

  • Take place on council land or the highway
  • Impact on traffic or parking
  • Require road closures or 'no waiting'
  • Have loud music
  • Provide entertainment
  • Sell food or drink
  • Require licences, such as street trading or sale of alcohol
  • Attract over 200 people

If your event is on private land and doesn't fall into one of the above categories, you don't need to inform us.