Toggle menu

School places for Ukrainian children

Apply for a school place

To apply for a school place, please provide us with documents that show your child's date of birth, such as:

  • copy of passport
  • birth certificate
  • Home Office letter

We'll also need documents that show proof of your address. Please don't wait to apply for a school place if you don't have this information. We will contact you if we need more details.

To make your application online you will need a valid email address.

Apply for a school place

The government has also written an article to explain how Ukrainian families can apply for a school place or childcare

What happens after you've applied

We will process your application and write to you within two weeks with a school place offer.

Help with your school application

If you need help with your application or more information, please email

Free school meals

Read information on how to apply for free schools meals in St Helens Borough.