We provide a rapid response to your problem pest by offering advice and treatments for both domestic and commercial premises. Whether it's public health pests such as rats, mice, fleas or cockroaches, we can help.
(Prices correct up to 31 March 2023)
|Mice||£33 (or £10 dependent on benefits)|
|Other insects including ants||£68.40|
*If our officer visits your property and determines that no pest treatment is necessary, then an attendance charge of £33 will be applied and the remainder of your pre-paid treatment costs refunded.
Bees and wasps
We no longer offer a bee treatment service unless they are a posing a risk to the general public. However, if you are concerned at all about a bee problem, please contact us and we will discuss this with you. Please also refer to the British Beekeepers Association or the Bumblebee Conservation Trust.
Environmental Health will now be taking bookings for ants, fleas, and wasps.
From Friday 10 June 2022 and every Friday onwards through the summer, we can treat your wasp problem. We can offer one treatment for £68.40; this includes a £33 attendance charge. If you are not in at the arranged time when we call, £33 of the charge made will be kept by St Helens Borough Council and the remainder returned to you.
From Friday 10 June 2022 and every Friday onwards through the summer, we can treat your ant problem. We can offer one treatment for £68.40; this includes a £33 attendance charge. If you are not in at the arranged time when we call, £33 of the charge made will be kept by St Helens Borough Council and the remainder returned to you.
From Friday 10 June 2022 and every Friday onwards through the summer, we can treat your flea problem. We can offer one treatment for £114.60; this includes a £33 attendance charge. If you are not in at the arranged time when we call, £33 of the charge made will be kept by St Helens Borough Council and the remainder returned to you.
To book your pest visit, please call 01744 676789 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer bespoke packages for commercial properties and businesses, dependent upon your needs.
Other options include:
- Individual treatment service - £94.20 (including VAT) per hour. Minimum one hour, regardless of the pest.
- Annual service contract - packages can be catered to individual needs. Contact us on email@example.com if you would like to discuss this.
We provide FREE treatments to domestic customers for rats and offer one of the lowest-priced commercial pest control services. Our contract packages provide a FREE site survey and pest proofing report for commercial customers.
Please note: during periods of high demand, we operate a waiting list.
Our customer service charter
Our staff will:
- Be qualified, experienced and courteous
- Identify themselves and show their official identification if you ask for it
- Inspect your home or business to confirm which pest is causing the problem
- Tell you how they intend to treat the problem, and what precautions you should take
- Confirm the cost of the treatment before proceeding
- Use safe, approved materials and methods
- Lay bait in a manner which avoids harm to other creatures
- Leave you a treatment record sheet telling you which pesticide has been used
- Make a further visit to check how effective the treatment has been and lay further baits, if necessary
- Advise you on further preventative measures to try to stop the problem from occurring again.
We undertake a biannual sewer-baiting programme in order to pro-actively control the rat population throughout the borough. This is part-funded by United Utilities and is conducted over six weeks in February and again in November.
Data collected from both rodent complaints and previous sewer-baiting programmes is used to ensure that treatments are targeted at the areas of highest rat activity.
You can report a pest problem using our online form - Report a pest problem
If you have a general enquiry or need advice please complete your details and tell us how we can help - Make an Environmental Services - General Enquiry
(Please select Environmental Services from the list presented)
Your request will go directly to our team and a pest control officer will respond as soon as possible in order to discuss your problem and make an appointment if necessary.
If you need urgent help with a pest problem please call our Contact Centre on 01744 676789
We are open Monday to Friday, 8:45am to 5:15pm.
Please note that the pest control service is currently experiencing an exceptionally high demand for treatments, which may give rise to delays in responding.