Home Delivery Library Service
The Home Delivery Library Service is a book delivery service which is available to residents (both children and adults) who are unable to visit a library due to their disability or medical condition.
Once self referred, or referred to us, the team will have an initial conversation with the customer to understand their needs.
This will include:
- discussing other options available and identifying which service is best for each customer
- highlighting the digital service available for people to access reading online at any time from their own device
- offer a click and collect service if the customer has a friend or relative who can collect books from a library
- if neither of these are suitable, they will register the customer for the Home Delivery Library Service.
Once registered, the team will get to know the customer's interests and needs:
- Do they read regular print books?
- Do they require a specific format? Talking books (audiobooks on CD), large print?
- What are their favourite genres?
Once established, the customer will receive up to 20 items at a set time per month, delivered to their home.
For more information, please contact us:
Telephone: 01744 677426