Symptom-free COVID-19 testing
If you do not have COVID-19 symptoms, you can walk in to one of our symptom-free testing stations for a quick, free, supervised test.
- St Mary's Indoor Market, town centre
- Chester Lane Community Centre, Sutton Manor
- Grange Valley Youth Centre, Haydock
- Torus Housing Office, Newton Road, Parr
- Perth Community Centre, Thatto Heath
at the following times:
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am-6pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 10am-3pm
- Torus Housing Office is open 1pm-6pm, Monday to Friday and 10am-3pm on Saturdays and Sundays
- Perth Community Centre is open 1pm-6pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
Collect a home testing kit
You can also walk in to collect a COVID-19 home testing kit from any of the above sites, as well as the following sites (subject to availability):
- Fairclough Street Car Park, Earlestown (Monday to Friday, 2.30pm-8pm)
- Haydock Park Racecourse, Newton-le-Willows (Monday to Friday, 2.30pm-8pm)
There is no need to make an appointment to collect a home test kit. Do not visit a collection site outside of opening hours, as they could be used to test people with coronavirus symptoms outside of these times. If you are 18 or over, you can collect two packs of home test kits; each pack contains seven tests.
Secondary schools and colleges will continue to provide tests for students to complete twice weekly at home until further notice.
What does the test involve?
The test involves a swab from the nose and mouth, which is done by you. The results are usually available from 30 minutes to two hours later depending on demand. Please read this privacy notice.
If you test positive, you must isolate for 10 days. Everyone in your household will be a 'close contact' and must also isolate for 10 days. You will have received your result from NHS Test and Trace, via text message or email, and they will be in regular contact during your isolation period.
If you test negative, you can carry on your normal routine and remember to keep washing your hands, wear a face mask when appropriate, make space and limit your contacts with others to reduce your risk of catching COVID-19.
Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms must self-isolate and book a test online at www.gov.uk/coronavirus. If you have symptoms, please do not attend the symptom-free testing centres.