Working with tenants
The Early Intervention and Prevention Team work with tenants by supporting them to maintain their tenancy.
The aim of the team is to:
- Assist people at risk of becoming homeless at the earliest opportunity
- Identify support needs
- Refer you to other service providers
- Work together to prevent homelessness.
If you're a tenant and you're struggling to maintain your tenancy, we may be able to help with things like:
- Applying for benefits
- Maximising your income
- Negotiating rent arrears repayment plans
- Helping you to budget
- Supporting you to apply for social housing
- Mediating with your landlord
- Preventing unlawful evictions
- Giving you housing advice
- Referring you to other service providers.
You may contact us be emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
It's important you understand your housing rights. If you're a renting a property and your landlord asks you to leave, you have rights.