Toggle menu

Councillor Complaints

Every authority is required to adopt a Code of Conduct that sets out rules governing the behaviour of its elected members. The code also covers co-opted and independent members of the local authority, including parish councils.

What you should do if you wish to submit a complaint

If you wish to complain about the conduct of an elected member (Councillor) of St Helens Borough Council or any parish council (Parish Councillor) in St Helens, please read the Procedure for Dealing with Complaints then download and complete a Complaints Form (Word doc) [75KB] . Once complete send to the address below:

Jan Bakewell
Director of Legal & Governance
Corporate Services

Tel: 01744 673209

FAO Monitoring Officer
St Helens Borough Council
PO Box 512
St Helens
WA10 9JX

For all other types of complaints please use the appropriate service form, which can be found on the Complaints, Comments & Questions section of our website.