Cycling skills and training
Free adult cycle training
Live, work or study in Merseyside? Aged 16 or over?
Get tailored, Covid-secure training at a level suited to your needs, all based on the National Cycle Training Standards and split in to easy to understand modules. These free courses are funded by Liverpool City Region, Merseyside Road Safety Partnership and Bikeability and can be booked with BikeRight! as individual bespoke sessions or join a group session near you.
- Basic for beginners - cycling off the road to build skills in local parks or on cycle tracks.
- Urban - boost your confidence riding on quiet local roads, back streets and B-roads, taking you to the next level!
- Advanced - A-roads, complex junctions and busy roads require more advanced skills and knowledge, our advanced courses focus on key routes and commutes.
Learn to Ride and Bikeability sessions
- Available in school holidays for children in school year 3 and above, BikeRight! are running Learn to Ride and Bikeability Level 1, 2 and 3 sessions.
- Ideally bring along your bike and helmet and have a free session with a qualified instructor. Bikeright do have some bikes to loan but please check before turning up. These are small group sessions of three children with one instructor and last two hours.
Cycling Together (child training)
- Cycling Together works with young children between the ages of three and six to help them develop the skills needed to ride a bike without stabilisers.
- Children take part in a range of fun activities to develop gross-motor skills, balance and coordination - key skills in learning to ride a bike.
- Cycling Together is delivered over six, 30-45-minute structured learning sessions, using balance bikes and a range of interesting resources and equipment.
Cycling Together (Adult Training)
The adult training is aimed at members of early years staff who will be assisting in the delivery of the Cycling Together scheme within your setting.