Toggle menu

Apply to settle in St Helens

Anyone from the Gypsy, Roma and Traveller community can apply to the council to reside on the council site. Therefore, we ask that you contact the Gypsy Traveller Liaison Officer to arrange for an application form to be completed.

If you have identified land, you must contact the council's Planning department on 01744 676175 to discuss any permissions that may be required.

Equality and diversity

Gypsies and Travellers are protected from discrimination, harassment and victimisation under the Equality Act 2010, together with all ethnic groups who have a particular culture, language or values. The aim of this information is to set out how the council and other official agencies will work to try to balance the rights of all those involved.