Procurement fraud is any fraud relating to the purchase of goods and services, and could include:
- price-fixing, bid-rigging and cover pricing to maximise profit margins or share out contracts;
- claiming payment for goods or services not provided;
- delivering goods or services of substandard quality;
- overpricing or duplicate invoicing;
- misuse of procurement cards/credit cards; and
- creation of bogus suppliers.
For every penny that is defrauded from the council and the taxpayer, this reduces the level of available resources the council has and therefore the level of services the council can provide.
How to report your suspicions of procurement fraud
Fraud Hotline - 0800 953 0217