What we do
Our aim is to get 'more people, more active, more often'.
We do this by:
- Supporting local sports clubs and community groups with funding applications, coach development, volunteer and participant recruitment
- Delivering beginner-level participation programmes for people currently not active
- Working with national governing bodies of sport to deliver national programmes within St Helens
- Working with local partners to tackle inequalities in sport and physical activity
- Delivering school sport events as part of the school games programme
Have a look at our new St Helens Active Lives Strategy 2022-27.
Leisure centres and sports pitches
Leisure centres and sports pitches are managed by the council's leisure services team, 'Go Active'. For more information or to hire a facility, please visit the Go Active website.
If you have a query, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01744 675403
See what's happening
Have a look at our timetable for regular sessions and activities: Active Lives & Sports Development Timetable
You can follow us on Facebook too: Sports Development STH