Toggle menu

Register a baby born outside of St Helens

What documents will I need?

Babies born outside St Helens district can be made by declaration to St Helens Register Office.

You should take at least one form of identification when you go to the Register Office.

You can use:

  • Passport
  • Birth certificate
  • Deed poll
  • Driving licence
  • Proof of address (e.g. utility bill)
  • Council tax bill
  • Marriage or civil partnership certificate

You should also take your child's personal child health record or 'red book' as some registrars may ask to see it