A leisure business can be defined as a business that provides opportunities, experiences and facilities, in particular for culture, recreation, entertainment, celebratory events and days and nights out. This includes:
- Businesses that may provide in-person intangible experiences in addition to goods.
- Businesses that may rely on seasonal labour.
- Businesses that may assume particular public safety responsibilities.
- Businesses that may operate with irregular hours through day, night and weekends.
For the purpose of this scheme, the definition of a leisure business excludes:
- all retail businesses
- coach tour operators
- tour operators
- sports businesses where The definition physical exercise or training is conducted on an individual basis or group basis
Examples of businesses that fall within the definition of leisure, include:
- amusement arcades
- amusement parks
- casinos and gambling clubs
- clubs & institutions
- concert halls
- events venues
- indoor riding centres
- museums and art galleries
- night clubs & discotheques
- soft play centres or areas
- stately homes & historic houses
- theme parks
- tourist attractions
- village halls & scout huts, cadet huts
- wedding venues
- zoos & safari parks