Education Welfare Service
How we support our schools
- Working in partnership with schools to develop strategies to raise school attendance and reduce persistent absence.
- Providing advice and guidance on all aspects of school attendance issues.
- Completing register reviews
- Completing 12 weeks of fast-track interventions including the use of parenting contracts on school attendance referrals
- Developing mediation partnerships between home and school
- Facilitating case conferences
- Creating paperwork around school attendance for all schools to use.
- Providing training on Penalty Notices and other school related functions
- Using statistical analysis and data as a means of targeting resources and identifying specific school related issues
- Having a dedicated specialist Education Welfare Officer, working as part of the MASH team
- Having a dedicated specialist Education Welfare Officer working as part of the virtual school