Toggle menu

How to make a building regulation application

You may submit your building regulation application to us online

  • Submit your application form with up to eight drawings.
  • The drawings/specifications can be in either PDF or Word document format.
  • Drawings etc. must have a combined file size no larger than 25MB.
  • If you have further drawings, please e-mail them to us at
  • Please refer to your online application if you have submitted any further documents by email.

Alternatively, you may submit the application:

  • By e-mail at
  • By post to St Helens Borough Council, Building Control, Wesley House, Corporation Street, St Helens, WA10 1HF

Charges are generally payable with your application; see the charges tables below. 

If you have any queries, please phone Building Control on 01744 676240 or 01744 676353, or email

You can now search for applications online