Report an accident
If your licensed hackney carriage or private hire vehicle sustains damage or is involved in an accident, details of the vehicle and the damage sustained must be reported to us within 72 hours in accordance with the .
The accident report should contain the following details:
- Date and time of the accident.
- Where the accident occurred.
- How the accident occurred.
- The damage that the vehicle has sustained.
- If there were any passengers in your vehicle at the time of the accident (if there were you must let us know if any of the passengers sustained injuries).
The owner of the hackney carriage or private hire vehicle licensed by us must report the accident.
Where damage to the hackney carriage or private hire vehicle affects the safety, performance, or appearance of the vehicle we may issue you with a defect notice giving you a fixed time period to have the necessary repairs undertaken, or a suspension notice where the vehicle cannot be used for the purposes of hire and reward/ public hire until the vehicle is satisfactorily repaired.
For the avoidance of doubt, slight scratches or stone chips which do not materially affect the use of the vehicle do not need to be reported to us.