Apply for a resident's or visitor's permit
Introduction to the new St Helens Borough Council Online Resident Parking Scheme
A resident parking scheme is defined as:
- an urban area where long-term, on-street parking by non-residents prevents residents from parking near their property for most of the working day. The working day is defined as 8am to 6pm Monday to Saturday, though these times can vary by scheme
- being of a sufficient size to minimise the possible effects of displacement into surrounding streets
- a large proportion of the properties within the area do not have off-street parking, or the ability to install off-street parking
- provision can be made for visitors to the area
St Helens Borough Council is responsible for administering a number of resident parking zones around the Borough and this is achieved by the issuing of various virtual permits to residents via an online application process. As part of the council's modernisation programme, a new online application process has been introduced which make is easier and quicker to apply for a permit, visitor permit, visitor vouchers (formerly scratch-cards) to renew your permit or make any necessary amendments.
There are different types of virtual permits available and these are tailored by location. If you live within a council resident parking scheme, and keep and use a car, van or motorcycle on a full-time basis, you will normally qualify for a permit, although certain properties are excluded from the scheme.
No charge is made for initial permits/visitor vouchers, however, there is a charge for additional visitor vouchers if required and applicable to your resident parking zone.
If you are a homeowner or tenant and your property is located within a resident parking zone, you may be eligible for:
- a resident parking permit - virtual permit
- a visitor permit - a physical permit
- visitor vouchers - a virtual permit
- matchday parking permit - a virtual permit
- Victoria Terrace parking permit - a virtual permit
Applicants must agree to the associated terms and conditions applicable to the resident parking scheme before a permit can be issued under the scheme.
In order to apply for any of the permits above, you will need to set up an account via the APCOA Parking My Permit website.
If you have any queries or require any assistance with the new application process, please contact us:
Telephone: 01744 67 6128