Apply for a resident's or visitor's permit
How do I obtain a visitor's permit?
St Helens Borough Council issues visitors' permits and scratchcards.
If you are a home owner and live within a qualifying residents parking area, you may be eligible for a visitor's permit and scratchcards.
A visitor permit will only be issued to the owner of a property.
If you have a tenancy agreement, you will need to contact your landlord/letting agents to apply for this permit on your behalf.
Tenants living in a Housing Association property can apply directly to the council for visitors' permits or scratchcards.
Applicants will need to provide evidence of proof of ownership of property or the housing association tenancy agreement on application for the permit.
Before you apply
- Please note when using a visitor's permit that the maximum stay per vehicle is a single, continuous, unbroken period of 4 hours within any single calendar day, within the Residents' Parking Area for which the visitor's permit is valid.
- It is therefore not acceptable to change the clock of a visitor's permit to prolong the duration of the stay of a vehicle. Residents not adhering to this regulation will be classed as abusing the scheme and may have their permit revoked and be liable to a Penalty Charge Notice.
- The address label within the plastic pouch to the front of the permit MUST be displayed at all times. If the address label is misplaced or damaged please contact 01744 676398 to arrange for replacement. Handwritten/home made address labels are not permitted and as such are liable to a Penalty Charge Notice.
- Visitors' permits must not be altered, defaced or tampered with in any way. If a permit is on display in a vehicle parked in a resident's parking bay and that permit has been altered, defaced or tampered with then this will be deemed as an invalid permit and may be liable to a Penalty Charge Notice.
- There is a £15 charge for a replacement permit should the permit be lost, stolen or defaced.
- There can only be one visitor's permit per household and on issuing of a new visitor's permit, all previous visitors' permits issued to the address are invalid and are liable to a Penalty Charge Notice if utilised.
How do I apply?
To apply you can telephone us on 01744 676398 or email your request to email@example.com.
What do I need to apply?
Evidence of ownership of property or housing association tenancy will need to be provided with a valid application.
Where do I collect my permit from?
Permits will be posted directly to residents following a valid application.
A visitor permit will only be issued to the owner of a property. If you have a tenancy agreement, you will need to contact your landlord/letting agents to apply for this permit on your behalf. This is not applicable to housing association tenants. For more clarification on this issue, please contact 01744 676398.
Proof of ownership of property/housing association tenancy agreement is required on application for the permit.