Questions to ask when choosing a pre-school playgroup
- What qualifications do staff hold?
- Can you talk me through the learning and developmental activities my child will take part in?
- How will I find out how well my child is settling in?
- Can I stay and join in at least two sessions to be sure this type of care is right for my child?
- Is the building/room safe and well kept (especially if it is used for other purposes e.g. a church hall)?
- Are there lots of toys and equipment?
- Will you keep a daily record of what they've done?
- Are the children well supervised?