Toggle menu

30 hours' funded childcare for foster children

How to apply

You'll need to apply to the local authority that has responsibility for the child in foster care.

Contact the child's social worker to discuss whether accessing the 30 hours is consistent with the child's care plan. The number of hours the child will attend provision will need to be agreed by the child's social worker.

If it's agreed that the application is appropriate, you'll complete the application form and have it counter-signed by your foster child's social worker.

An application form is available at the bottom of this page.