Toggle menu

My child is over 16 years of age

Transport policy

If a young person aged 16 to 25, with an Education, Health and Care Plan, is attending a full-time educational course at the nearest suitable provision, transport assistance may be provided.

If the young person is aged 16 to 19, the  post-16 application form (PDF) [402KB] (opens new window)  must be completed, or if the young person is aged 19 to 25, the post-19 application form must be completed, to determine whether a young person qualifies for assistance with transport.

All completed applications must be returned to:

St Helens Borough Council
School Transport Team
Atlas House
Corporation Street
St Helens

or alternatively you can email your completed application form to

All completed applications are processed within 10 school days. If a young person is able to travel independently, a concessionary bus pass will be issued. If travelling in Merseyside, a Solo pass will be issued; if travelling outside the area, an Arriva Travel Pass will be issued.

For details of bus timetables, visit the Merseytravel website.

If a young person is unable to travel independently, they will be offered suitable travel assistance.