Toggle menu

Special guardianship

Who can apply for an SGO?

  • Any guardian of the child
  • A person who already holds a child arrangement order or a residence order for the child
  • Anyone with whom the child has lived with for at least three years out of the last five years
  • Anyone with the consent of the local authority if the child is in care