Toggle menu

Sponsor and house Ukrainian refugees

Overview of being a sponsor and registering your interest

About the scheme

The UK government has launched its Homes for Ukraine scheme, allowing households to sponsor and house refugees who are fleeing the war.

Please be aware that only those who are sponsoring guests under the Homes for Ukraine scheme can receive the sponsor support thank you payment. Hosts will not be eligible for the thank you payment if guests have arrived in the UK under a family visa.

Who can sponsor

A sponsor can be of any nationality, with any immigration status, providing you have at least six months' leave to remain in the UK, so that you can provide at least six months' accommodation. You can live in any part of the UK. 

Register your interest to become a sponsor

If you want to offer a home to Ukrainian refugees, you can become a sponsor as part of the Homes for Ukraine scheme.

Register your interest to become a sponsor (opens new window)

Sponsor someone you already know

If you already know a Ukrainian refugee or their immediate family member, who you want to sponsor, you can help them to apply for a visa.

Help with visa applications

If you have any questions or need assistance with a visa application you must contact the Home Office.

Get help with a visa application

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon