Siding Lane woodland site is 9.38 hectares in size and originally was the site of the former Rainford Colliery, which was opened in 1860 and subsequently closed in 1929.
- Open 24 hours a day
- Woodland walks and meadow habitats
- Picnic Benches
- Visitor centre (staff availability)
- Toilet and WC (staff availability)
- Car park
The site is now managed for informal recreation and nature conservation purposes, and used by local school children for environmental studies and by local residents and visitors to the site for dog walking, picnicking, walking and informal recreation. Local ramblers associations also often use the site en route to other destinations. The fishing pond within the site is leased to St Helens Angling Fishing Club.