Toggle menu

General Children and Young People's Services

Before you make your selection ....

If you believe that a child or young person is at immediate risk, you should report this without delay to the police service on 999.

If a child is not in immediate danger, you can do one of the following:

  • Call the Contact Centre on (01744) 676767 and tell them that you have a concern about a child;
  • Outside of office hours call the Emergency Duty Team on 0345 050 0148;
  • Call Merseyside Police on 0151 709 6010 (24 hour line);
  • Discuss your concerns with a professional you can trust such as a health visitor, teacher or GP; or
  • Contact the NSPCC Helpline on 0808 800 5000.

When you share your concerns, professionals have to act in the interests of the child. They have to assess risk to make sure the right support is given and that children are safe. If they think the child is suffering or likely to suffer harm they will immediately contact St.Helens Children's Social Care.

General Enquiries:

The general enquiry form has been set up only to deal with enquiries relating to the service, and not to report issues. We have specific forms for our services, so please only use this form to enquire about:

  • Additional Needs (Education) Administration Service
  • Assessment of Care Needs (Children)
  • Children's centres
  • Direct Payments
  • Educating your Child at Home
  • Education Psychology and Learner Support Service
  • Education Welfare Service
  • Funded Early Education Entitlement
  • Governor Services
  • Looked After Childrens Placements
  • Music Service
  • School - Exclusions and Managed Transfers
  • School Admissions
  • School Crossing Patrols
  • School transport
  • SEND Local Offer
  • Young People's Drug and Alcohol Team
  • Youth Justice Service
  • Youth Service

If this is what you need then please proceed to make your request - Make a Children & Young People's Service - General Enquiry