Moss Bank voters urged to return postal votes promptly due to Royal Mail strikes
Residents in the Moss Bank ward with postal votes for the Moss Bank by-election being held on Thursday 20 October 2022 are being encouraged to return their completed voting pack as soon as possible to avoid it being caught up in planned Royal Mail strikes.
Postal voting packs were sent out on Friday 7 October. The strikes by Royal Mail workers are set for Thursday 13 and Thursday 20 October.
Due to the impending strike action, voters are strongly encouraged to return their postal votes as soon as possible.
Kath O'Dwyer, St Helens Borough Council's Chief Executive and Returning Officer, said:
"As strike action is planned to take place on polling day on Thursday 20 October, any votes posted the day before will not be received by the close of poll. Legally, postal votes that arrive after 10pm on polling day unfortunately won't be able to be counted.
"Anyone unable to return their postal vote before Wednesday 19 October for whatever reason can also hand in their completed postal vote pack on polling day between 7am and 10pm at our polling station."
They can also hand deliver it at St Helens Town Hall, Victoria Square, St Helens WA10 1HP at any time up until 10pm on polling day.
The polling stations open for the Moss Bank by-election are:
- Mobile Polling Station at Bassenthwaite Avenue, Moss Bank, St Helens
- Moss Bank Library, Bowness Avenue, Moss Bank, St Helens WA11 7EQ
- Moss Bank Children's Centre, Kentmere Avenue, Moss Bank, St Helens WA11 7PQ
- Pyes Gardens Community Room, Pyes Gardens, Moss Bank, St Helens WA11 9ND
- St Peter & St Paul RC Primary School, Derwent Road, Haresfinch, St Helens WA11 9AT
- Chain Lane Community Centre, Hinckley Road/Chain Lane, St Helens WA11 9HT
- Moss Bank Mission, Moss Bank Road, Moss Bank, St Helens WA11 7DF
Voters looking for more information can contact Electoral Services on 01744 646464.
For more information visit www.sthelens.gov.uk/elections.