Help with funeral costs
Partnership Funeral Service
The Partnership Funeral Services is available to anyone who has to arrange the funeral for a deceased resident of the borough who is to be cremated at St Helens Crematorium or buried in St Helens or Newton Cemeteries. The service is also available if the deceased is to be buried in a private churchyard or cemetery, however private churchyard additional fees will apply.
The service is available to residents of St Helens and does not relate to your income in any way. No payment is made by St Helens Council.
What does a partnership funeral service provide?
A cremation or burial within the Borough at a reasonable cost and undertaken by experienced Funeral Directors and includes:
- Collection of the deceased within the Boroughs boundaries (during business hours)
- All arrangements for a dignified funeral at the crematorium or cemetery
- Provision of the chapel of rest (during business hours)
- Suitable coffin with appropriate fittings
- Motor-hearse and one following limousine
- Crematorium/Cemetery charges at St Helens Crematorium or St Helens / Newton-le-Willows Council Cemeteries
- Medical referee fee
- Clergy/Officiate and all medical fees
St Helens Council has negotiated an arrangement with local funeral directors who are well-established and reputable, they have agreed to provide the above specified funeral services which are arranged to the same high standard of any other funeral arranged by the company of your choice.