Before you book a collection
There are a number of ways to donate or recycle items without having to book a collection.
Donate your items to charity
- Donate good quality furniture for reuse to TANGO (Together As Neighbours Giving Out) a Haydock based community group. You can contact them on 01744 607388
- Willowbrook Hospice have donation warehouses in Sutton and Prescot. You can donate good quality furniture and household items for resale in their shops. This helps to raise vital funds for their hospice. You can book a collection online
- The British Heart Foundation offer a collection service for good quality furniture that can be reused. You can book a collection online .
- The ReStore project works with the Hope Centre on an upcycling and furniture restoration project. They accept donations of furniture, bedding, towels, mirrors, lamps, kettles, toasters, clocks etc. They are based on Peckers Hill Road in Sutton. Call 07399437541 or have a look at the ReStore website
Book a Bulky Collection
Alternatively, St Helens Borough Council offer a bulky waste service for your furniture that cannot be reused. When you book any items in you will get a date that the crew will pick them up. Use the link below to book your bulky rubbish collection. Alternatively, you can contact our advisers on 01744 676789.
How much does it cost?
Standard Collection - £20.50 for 3 items (£6.75 per additional items)
Special Collection - £34.50 (Max of 3 items)
White Goods - £15.00 per item
What we collect?
Please see the 'Downloads' section below for list of items that are suitable for collection.
Where to leave items?
Items need to be placed in your front or back garden or on your driveway from 6:30am. Make sure:
- They are easily accessible and access is not impeded by parked cars/locked gates
- They are kept dry and covered where possible
- You only leave items out that you've arranged to be collected
If instructions are not followed, collections will not be made and no refund will be given.
Need to Cancel?
If you need to cancel your bulky appointment, you can let us know by using our online contact form or by telephoning us on 01744 676789.
Please give us at least 2 working days' notice to ensure we can cancel your booking as we usually plan collections at least 24 hours in advance.