Get help with fuel, food or furniture
Household Support Fund
UK government has provided funding up to 31 March 2024 to support residents in financial need. The Household Support Fund will provide help to residents who are struggling to afford energy, food, water and other essential bills.
It will provide an application process for low-income households who:
- require urgent help with fuel or food expense
- need help towards the cost of buying or replacing furniture or white goods
- have not receive additional government help, e.g. missing out on a government Cost of Living payments due to being ineligible at the qualification date
- are ineligible to receive Universal Credit or other mean-tested benefits including households with children and disabilities.
In addition, the scheme will provide direct awards to:
- families in receipt of means-tested free school meals during school holiday periods including qualifying children in nursery provision
- to low-income households which are unable to afford to adequately heat or power their properties and who have medical conditions that may further exacerbate the situation, e.g. residents with serious respiratory conditions or who are permanently running medical equipment
- care leavers and other vulnerable groups
Other help available: