What we do
- We offer a wide variety of educational initiatives designed to meet the changing needs of those using the roads in the borough of St Helens
- We support child minders, nurseries and primary schools to develop their road safety curriculum
- We deliver FREE road safety education to all schools and colleges
- We offer primary schools the opportunity to get involved in the Junior Road Safety Officers (JRSOs) scheme. This is aimed at Year 5 and Year 6 pupils
- We invite all Year 5 pupils to attend Crucial Crew, which is an annual multi agency safety event which the Road Safety Team co-ordinate and present along with our various partners
- We support Scouting and Guiding groups to deliver their activity badge programme
We deliver cycling training to members of the public at various events that we hold throughout the year.
We also deliver:
- Balance bike training courses to nursery staff
- Car seat training courses to council staff
- Minibus driver training courses to both council and school staff
Publicity and social media
Road safety advice and information messages are regularly promoted on the council's social media platforms.
Campaigns and events
Road safety events are open to pedestrians, bus users, cyclists, drivers and passengers of all ages.
Our aim is to ensure you are up to date with all the latest road safety information, laws and regulations, as well as offering great tips from our various partners.
All our events are promoted on the council's social media platforms.