Where can I get help to arrange a funeral?
Fair funerals pledge
Funerals can be expensive and whilst we all want to do the best for our loved ones, we also have to be mindful of how much it will cost and what we can afford.
You should make sure you know exactly how much it will cost, you need to take into account:
- Transport to take family members to the funeral
- Death notices for the local paper (obituaries)
- Cost of the cremation or burial
- Fees for a church service prior to burial or cremation
- Funeral Directors fees
Something to consider is whether your Funeral Director has signed up to the 'Fair Funerals' pledge which asks them to:
- Recognise funerals can be expensive and many people struggle with the cost.
- Make their most affordable funeral package visible to the public, including third party costs.
- Charge clear prices for goods and services so people know what they're buying. Communicate prices in initial conversations and prominently display full price lists.
Visit: www.fairfuneralscampaign.org.uk for more information and to find participating funeral directors