Toggle menu

Local land charges

How do I apply?

CON29R, CON29O and LLC1s

Enquiries for LLC1s, CON29Rs or CON29Os may be submitted using our online local land charges service.

If you have not used our online local land charges service before, you will need to register for an account.

Please be aware that if you're uploading documents as part of your search, the total file size of all files cannot exceed 4MB.

Enquiries can also be submitted through the NLIS website.

All enquiries should be submitted together with an up-to-date plan (to scale) with the boundary edged in red.

Personal search enquiries

To submit a personal search for the local land charges register, please email us.

The local land charges register is held in paper form.

Each premises record identifies any registerable entry and will contain references to areas such as planning consents and tree preservation orders (TPOs).

If there are no registerable entries relating to the property, there will be no 'card' and you will be advised accordingly.

If you wish to view or obtain copies of any of the documents listed on the register (e.g. planning permissions), you should contact the appropriate council department.


All requests are processed within 7 weeks, which start from the day after the request is received and validated.

If you have any specific enquiries, please email us. This is monitored throughout office hours and you will receive a reply.

We are currently processing searches received on the following dates:

  • CON29s, LLC1 and optional enquiries: 22nd January 2024
  • Personal searches: Week 1 and 2 January 2024