Toggle menu

Get help with fuel, food or furniture

Urgent help with fuel or food

Please complete the following application form or contact us on 01744 676789, if you are in immediate need of help with fuel or food costs.

Apply for immediate help with food or fuel

Other help available:

1. You may be entitled to support provided by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) or Job Centre:

  • Short-term benefit advances. If you have made a new benefit claim and are waiting for payment, or have an existing claim where there is a significant change of circumstance that will increase the amount of benefit you receive, you can apply for a short-term benefit advance.
    • Applicants in receipt of Income Support, Employment and Support Allowance and Jobseeker's allowance - telephone 0800 169 0131
    • Carer's Allowance - telephone 0800 731 0297
    • Pension Credit or State penions - telephone 0800 731 0469
    • Universal Credit via your online account.
  • Budgeting loans are interest-free loans available to help pay for essential items. Please visit for further information.
  • Hardship payments are available if you benefit payment is stopped or reduced due a benefit sanction being applied and you cannot pay essential living costs.  Contact the Universal Credit helpline or complete form JSA ESA10JP at your local Job Centre office.

2. If you are seeking support following a disaster and are homeless you should contact our housing team.

3. If you have a designated social worker/support worker, please contact them if there is a serious risk to your health and safety. You can phone our customer services team on 01744 676789 if you need help to contact your social worker.