- Registered childminders look after your child along with other children, usually in their own home.
- They are usually allowed to care for up to six children under the age of eight, including their own, but you will need to check the childminder's Ofsted Registration Certificate to see exactly how many children she or he can care for. The certificate should be on display in the childminder's home.
- Self-employed, they decide on working hours. Most are willing to work early morning, evenings and weekends, as well as part-time.
- All childminders are required to have completed a basic training course, including first aid, and most go on to do further training and professional development.
- Your child should experience learning and development activities suitable for their age.