Out-of-school and holiday care
Questions to ask when choosing out-of-school or holiday childcare
- What do the children do?
- Are there activities such as art, sport and music?
- How are they supervised?
- How much individual attention do they get?
- Do they offer homework facilities?
- Who is the leader, and what kind of qualifications and experience do they (and other staff) have? Arrange to meet and talk to them.
- Are the staff trained in first aid?
- Is there a separate section for younger children? Some can't cope being in a large group of older ones.
- What about a quiet area where all children can chill out?
- Can I see how the security and signing-in book works?