Toggle menu

Subject Access Requests

You have the right to ask us whether or not we are using or storing your personal information. You can also ask us for copies of your personal information, verbally or in writing.

This is called the right of access and is commonly known as making a subject access request or SAR.

You can make a subject access request (SAR) to find out what data we hold about you and how it is used. Our Data Protection Officer is responsible for dealing with all formal requests for access to personal information. You can express an interest to see your personal information to any council officer, or directly to the Data Protection Officer.

If you're making a request by post or using our online form, please make sure you make it clear that you are making a request to see your personal information under Data Protection Subject Access. This will help us to make sure we act promptly and follow the appropriate procedures.

If you cannot, or do not wish, to make a request yourself, you can ask someone else to make the request on your behalf.

To find out about official information that we hold. you must contact us. You can do this in a number of ways:

Contact us using our online form

  • Select "Customer Services" relates to and then again select "Customer Services" as the category 
  • Tell us about your experience of the service in question in the box provided and submit for us to process
  • Our Customer Services team will ensure that your request is sent to the relevant service 

Make your subject access request

Telephone: 01744 676789

Visit: our Wesley House Contact Centre

Write to: St Helens Borough Council Contact Centre, Wesley House, Corporation Street, St Helens, WA10 1HF.

You can expect to receive a reply within 20 working days unless the collection of your data is to take longer, in which case you will be contacted to advise you of the timescale.