Toggle menu

Apply for a premises licences

How much will it cost?

The fee for the application will be taken online once the application form has been completed and the relevant documentation has been uploaded (please note that the fee payable depends on the non-domestic rateable value of the premises. You can find out your premises' non-domestic rateable value by visiting the Valuation Office Agency website).

Please note: any fee payable is to accompany an application. If for any reason your application cannot be accepted and must be rejected, any fees paid are non refundable.

Premises licence fees
BandNon-domestic rateable value of premisesApplication fee (new and variations)Annual charge
ANone - £4,300£100£70
B£4,301 - £33,000£190£180
C£33,001 - £87,000£315£295
D£87,001 - £125,000£450*£320*

* A multiplier is added to band D and E premises that are used exclusively or primarily for the supply of alcohol for consumption on the premises.

For band D premises, a 2x multiplier is added to the application fee and annual charge. This would mean an application fee of £900 and an annual charge of £640.

For band E premises, a 3x multiplier is added to the application fee and annual charge. This would mean an application fee of £1,905 and an annual charge of £1,050.

Premises licence fees (for more than 5,000 people)
Number in attendance at any one timeAdditional premises licence feeAdditional annual fee payable if applicable
5,000 to 9,999£1,000£500
10,000 to 14,999£2,000£1,000
15,000 to 19,999£4,000£2,000
20,000 to 29,999£8,000£4,000
30,000 to 39,999£16,000£8,000
40,000 to 49,999£24,000£12,000
50,000 to 59,999£32,000£16,000
60,000 to 69,999£40,000£20,000
70,000 to 79,999£48,000£24,000
80,000 to 89,999£56,000£28,000
90,000 and over£64,000£32,000



There is an exemption from the payment of fees in relation to the provision of regulated entertainment at church halls, chapel halls or premises of a similar nature, village halls, parish or community halls, or other premises of a similar nature. The costs associated with these licences will be met by central government. If, however, the licence also authorises the use of the premises for the supply of alcohol or the provision of late-night refreshment, a fee will be required for those activities.

Schools and sixth form colleges are also exempt from the fees associated with the authorisation of regulated entertainment where the entertainment is provided by and at the school or college and for the purposes of the school or college.

Other fees
Application for a grant or renewal of personal licence£37
Temporary event notice£21
Theft, loss, etc. of premises licence or summary£10.50
Application for a provisional statement where premises being built, etc.£315
Notification of change of name or address£10.50
Application to vary licence to specify individual as premises supervisor£23
Application for transfer of premises licence£23
Interim authority notice following death etc. of licence holder£23
Theft, loss etc. of certificate or summary£10.50
Notification of change of name or alteration of rules of club£10.50
Change of relevant registered address of club£10.50
Theft, loss etc. of temporary event notice£10.50
Theft, loss etc. of personal licence£10.50
Duty to notify change of name or address£10.50
Right of freeholder etc. to be notified of licensing matters£21
Minor variations£89