Toggle menu

Executive travel and chauffeur licences

Licences you will require

To run this type of business, you will need to hold three types of licences to ensure that you comply with the law:

The location at which you intend to receive bookings for the hire of vehicles will determine which local council you will need to obtain the licences from. If you will be receiving bookings at an address within St Helens, then all three of your licences will need to be issued by St Helens Borough Council.

While the law now allows licensed operators to sub-contract bookings to other licensed operators both within and outside of St Helens, operators cannot legally give bookings directly to any private hire vehicles or drivers who are not licensed by the same council as the operator.