Gardens are places to relax and entertain, but they also need maintaining. Your neighbours will be able to hear any noise you make in your garden, so:
- carry out your noisiest activities in the middle of the day.
- if you have a noisy job to do, warn your neighbours (this could be something like trimming your hedges or power washing your patio) - if possible, agree the best time to carry out this work with your neighbours.
- where possible purchase quieter equipment with CE markings and maintain your equipment properly.
- don't put noisy water features, hot tubs or wind chimes near neighbouring properties, if you can, switch them off/silence them at night or if you go away.
- if you're planning a barbecue or party, tell your neighbours - invite them if appropriate.
- wear headphones if you want to listen to music, or the radio while sunbathing/mowing the lawn.
- if you want to let off fireworks, proceed with care - let your neighbours know.
- remember, it's illegal to let off fireworks after 11:00 pm (except for Bonfire Night (5 November), Diwali, New Year's Eve and Chinese New Year).