Toggle menu

My child has SEN assistance

Help with travel

If your child is unable to walk to school because of his/her mobility problems or because of associated health and safety issues related to their special educational needs or disability (SEND), and he/she is attending the nearest suitable provision, you may be entitled to assistance with transport.

Assistance can be any one of the following:

  • A public service bus pass - for those students who can travel independently.
  • Independent Travel training and a public service bus pass.
  • Parental mileage - if a family member is able to drive.
  • A seat on a hired service with or without a Passenger Assistant.

If you require assistance with transport you will be required to complete a  SEND transport application form (PDF) [396KB] (opens new window) , which will include current medical conditions and up-to-date contact details. Completed forms will need to be sent to:

School Transport Team
Atlas House
Corporation Street
St Helens

or alternatively email the completed form to