Toggle menu

Temporary event notices


A Temporary Event Notice (TEN) is required if you plan to do any of the following licensable activities on an unlicensed premises:

  • Sell alcohol
  • Serve hot food or drink between the hours of 11pm and 5am
  • Entertainment (indoor sporting events, music etc)
  • Serve alcohol to members of a private club

You will also need to apply for a temporary event notice if a particular licensable activity is not included in the terms of your existing licence. For example, if you want to sell alcohol at premises only licensed for regulated entertainment or if you want to open later than your current licence allows.

If the premises where the event is to be held is in areas governed by two or more local authorities, applications must be made to each authority.

Your event must:

  • have no more than 499 people on the premises at all times (including staff)
  • last no more than seven days (168 hours)