Toggle menu

If you're a serving or former member of the Armed Forces

Homeless rights for ex-forces

You may qualify for help from the council if you are a former member of the Armed Forces and are homeless or threatened with homelessness. In addition, you will have to prove to the council that you are eligible for housing assistance, and have not made yourself intentionally homeless.

Subject to you satisfying these criteria, the council has to help you with both emergency and longer-term accommodation if it is accepted that you are homeless and in priority need for accommodation.

The council must consider if it can help you using both general rules that apply to everyone and special rules that apply to people who were in the forces.