Toggle menu

If you're a serving or former member of the Armed Forces

Ex-forces and single, homeless and on the streets

Many single homeless people don't qualify for help from the council or any other local authority.

There are a range of services for people who find themselves homeless and on the streets, for example:

- Some places may provide a source of practical support e.g. they provide a warm place to stay during the day and food, clothing, laundry facilities and showers. However, such places may be limited in St Helens at different times of the year - but it is worth asking the housing options team for more information.

- The Royal British Legion might be able to help with a rent deposit - visit

The Soldiers', Sailors' and Airmen's Families Association (SSAFA) provides housing advice to people currently serving in the forces and ex-services personnel and their families. Visit

If you are not in St Helens at the moment, you may use the Homeless England directory to find details of other day centres and hostels across the UK. This is at